13 Outstanding Irish History Dissertation Topics To Boost Your Creativity
When it comes to writing academic papers in history, especially a dissertation, one must be ready to let his or her creative juices flow freely. This is one of the elements that would help you write an interesting and informative history academic paper. The way you compose your paper would tell your readers a lot about your intellectual capabilities. So, if you are looking for topic ideas for your Irish history academic paper, here are topics that would help you write a paper that would earn top grades. They are as follows:
- Discuss the Anglo-Irish War of 1919 and its effect in the lives of the Irish citizens.
- What is the significance of the Anglo-Irish Agreement of 1985?
- Research and write about the Anglo-Irish Trade war of 1933 – 1938.
- What is the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921 all about? Discuss in detail.
- Analyze the battle of Dublin
- The Bloody Sunday of 1920 – What is its significance?
- Discuss the events leading up to the Belfast Agreement, also known as “Good Friday Agreement”.
- Discuss the battle of the Boyne and the events surrounding the battle.
- Tell an interesting story of the Bloody Sunday of 1972 and what led to it.
- Analyze the history of the Republic of Ireland’s Coat of Arms.
- Discuss the Catholic Emancipation and what it means to Ireland.
- Discuss the conscription crisis of 1918.
- Discuss the history of Ireland’s boundary commission
These are some of the topics that would make great and interesting dissertation papers on Irish history or occurrences. Make sure that in writing such historical pieces, you include only the truth and facts. This way, you get to earn the respect and approval of the committee and your supervisor. If your chosen topic is a question, ensure you proffer detailed answers to the question. It would not do you any good to include fluff in your paper just to boost the number of pages or words. You should only include relevant information.
In terms of research, make sure that your sources of data are reliable. The history dissertation paper you are writing would require dates and vital statistics and as such, you only need to get your information from reputable sources. If it takes you registering on various reliable directories, then you should not hesitate to do so. The key to getting your academic paper approved is making sure that you perform up to or beyond expectation.